Tart with pumpkin, EvLOGIMENO
and caramelized onions
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
- Clean and cut the pumpkin into small cubes, put them in a baking tray, sprinkle salt, lightly oil them and bake in preheated oven at 180ο C/356 F for 20 minutes.
- Pour the flour, one cup of cream, sun oil, a pinch of salt, a little pepper and knead hard.
- Chop the garlic and one onion, pour oil in a frying pan, enough to cover the bottom, and sauté them. When the onion turns brown, pour the wine and as soon as it evaporates add coconut milk, the rest of the cream, grated EvLOGIMENO, the pumpkin, the spearmint, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the other onion in very thin slices and sauté them in a pan. When it turns brown pour the vinegar, sugar, a pinch of salt, and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stretch the dough into a tart mould, make some holes with a fork and put in the filling. Dust with breadcrumbs and bake in preheated oven at 160οC/320F for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the tart to cool and cut it in pieces, the size you desire.
- Serve with caramelized onions.
1 kg pumpkin
1 clove of garlic
4 tablespoons fresh spearmint leaves, chopped
2 cups vegetable cream
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups EvLOGIMENO, grated
250 gr. self raising flour (half pack)
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
1 cup sun oil
2/3 cup olive oil
1 shot white dry wine
1 shot balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar