Mini pies with EvLOGIMENO
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and pour the flour. Stir with a whisk until the flour turns darker and then pour the wine and the water, always stirring. As soon as it boils, pour the salt and grated EvLOGIMENO. Keep stirring and leave it on the fire until EvLOGIMENO melts. Take the pan off the fire and add spearmint.
- Spread one filo on work surface, oil it and stick another pastry sheet on top. Slice the sheets vertically in 4 even strips and lightly oil the corners.
- On top of every strip put a tablespoon of the filling and fold to make triangles.
- Keep doing so until there is no filling left.
- Put the mini pies in a baking tray, lightly oil them on top and sprinkle with sesame.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 160ο C/ 320F for about 30 minutes.
1 package filo (pastry sheet)
4 cups EvLOGIMENO, grated
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons fresh spearmint leaves, chopped
1 /4 cup olive oil
2 cups warm water
1 shot wine
1 pinch salt
1 /4 cup black sesame
1 /4 cup white sesame