Stuffed tomatoes with fava bean,
vegetables and EvLOGIMENO
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
- Boil the fava beans until it smoothens without melting, for about 10-12 minutes and sieve.
- Cut the eggplants, zucchini and pepper into cubes, chop the onion and garlic.
- Pour half the oil in a pan and sauté the vegetables until they are brown. Pour in the wine. Add the fava beans, coconut milk, EvLOGIMENO, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until EvLOGIMENO melts.
- Chop of the top part of the tomatoes and take out their flesh.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture and sprinkle every tomatoe with half tablespoon breadcrumbs.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking tray, sprinkle them with the rest of the olive oil and bake in preheated oven at 180C / 356F for about 10 minutes.
- Serve every tomato with a little graded EvLOGIMENO and sprinkle with parsley.
- Use rice or baked potatoes for accompaniment.
1 red or yellow pepper
6 ripe tomatoes
1 small onion
1 clove of garlic
1 ½ cup fava bean
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 shot white dry wine
1 pinch of thyme
1 pinch of oregano
2 cups graded EvLOGIMENO