Fried Zucchini Balls
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
If you avoid gluten, you may replace flour and breadcrumbs with rice flour and corn flour.
- Grate the zucchini and squash well until almost dry.
- In a blender crush onion and garlic.
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl, using only half of the flour. Knead well and put the mixture in the fridge for about 1 hour so as to unite the flavors.
- Mould the mixture into balls and lightly dust them with the rest of the flour.
- Pour about two-inches of olive oil in the pan, heat on strong fire. When oil burns, fry the balls for about 3-4 minutes.
1/2 kg zucchini (2-3 pieces)
2 cloves of garlic
6 tablespoons of fresh spearmint, chopped
1 cup grated EvLOGIMENO
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon oregano