Vegetarian pie with EvLOGIMENO
and home-made sheet
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
- Put all ingredients in a blender and knead the dough for about 2-3 minutes.
- Split the dough in 6 equal parts, mould them into balls, cover with a damp cloth and leave it at least an hour until doubled in size.
- Clean and rinse the greens very well.
- Chop the spring onions, brown/red onion, garlic and tomato.
- Heat olive-oil in a large frying pan and sauté the dry onion and the garlic. When the onion is well browned pour the wine. As soon as the alcohol disappears pour the rest of the ingredients except EvlOGIMENO. Cook the greens until wilted. Take off the fire, add grated EvLOGIMENO and stir well.
Green pies for one
- On a lightly floured work surface stretch the dough with a rolling pin into a thin sheet. Put 3-4 tablespoons of the filing along one side, fold the edges, roll the sheet and then wrap it around.
- Repeat until there is no dough left.
- Place it in a baking tray and bake in pre-heated oven at 180ο C/356 F for about 25-30 minutes.
3 cups yellow pie flour
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup olive oil
2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1/2 kg greens of your choice (spinach, radish, vlita [Amaranthus viridis] etc.)
2 spring onions
1 brown/red onion
1/2 clove of garlic
1/2 cup dill
2 tablespoons fresh spearmint leaves, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
3 cups EvLOGIMENO, grated
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 shot white dry wine
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon dry coriander, ground