Pasta with tomato sauce,
caper, olives and EvLOGIMENO
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
To avoid gluten use rice, corn or quinoa pasta.
- Boil the spaghetti in plenty of salted water, and take it off 3 minutes earlier than the time written on the packet. Sieve but keep ½ glass of boiled water.
- Chop the garlic, onion, caper and olives. Heat oil in a large frying pan, sauté until the onions are well-browned and pour the wine. Wait for the alcohol to evaporate and add grated tomatoes, oregano, sugar, pepper. Add salt if needed.
- Simmer on low fire until the sauce thickens. Add the spaghetti, the boiled water you have saved and half the basil. Keep simmering until water evaporates.
- Put Evlogimeno and cashew nuts in a blender and smash them.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the basil and the cashew nuts/EvLOGIMENO mixture.
- Serve. Bon appetite!
1/3 spaghetti or linguini packet
4 overripe tomatoes, grated
2 garlic cloves
15 Kalamata olives
1 small jar caper (150gr.)
10 leaves of culinary basil, chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
1 shot white dry wine
1 cup EvLOGIMENO, grated
1/2 cup roasted and salted cashew nuts
1 pinch sugar
1 pinch oregano
Salt / pepper