Orzo with Portobello mushrooms
and truffle oil
Our vegeterian chef Nikos Gaitanos suggests
If you wish to avoid gluten, you may choose orzo or any small-size pasta made of corn or rice flour.
- Boil the orzo in plenty of salted water and take it off 3 minutes earlier than the time written on the packet. Sieve well.
- Chop the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes in a pan with heated oil. When the onion turns brown, pour wine. As soon as the alcohol evaporates add the coconut milk, vegetal cream, lemon juice, thyme, cayenne pepper, a little water and salt at your preference.
- Once it boils, add the orzo. Cook for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Then pour half cup of grated EvLOGIMENO and half of the parsley.
- Take it off the fire, pour in truffle oil and stir well.
- Put the cashew nuts in a blender together with the rest of EvLOGIMENO and crush well.
- When serving, sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and the EvLOGIMENO/cashew nuts mixture.
2 large or 4 small Portobello mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
½ cup vegetal cream φυτική κρέμα
1 cup grated EvLOGIMENO
1/3 cup roasted and salted cashew nuts
1 shot white dry wine
½ tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons truffle oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dry thyme
1 pinch smoked or sweet paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper